While summer is only a couple of months away (for us Down Under), I’m still in love with my soups. This one that I’m rolling out today features three of my favourite things: moroccan flavouring, sweet potato and chickpeas. Because the spices in this soup are so scrumptious and delicious, its hard not to tuck in as soon as it’s ready! Plus, not only does it taste fantastic, it gives you a great dose of Vitamin A and Vitamin C (and it knocks out 2/5 daily vegetables… what more could you want?).
- 3 large sweet potatoes potatoes, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 2 brown onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli power
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 cans chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in ground coriander, ground cumin and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add in sweet potatoes, carrots, beans and chicken stock before covering.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, before pureeing until smooth.
- Serve immediately or into a container to freeze.
While I’ve loved my winter soups (which also includes my Potato, Leek, Zucchini & White Bean Soup), I’m in desperate need of some summer soups to try! Have any of you got some seasonal faves that I must try? Let me know in the comments.