While Australia might not have an extensive list of classic dishes, we have a couple of beauties up our sleeve. Pavlova, meat pies with tomato sauce, Tim Tams and anything with Milo or VEGEMITE (although not together – obviously!) And how could I forget lamingtons. For those of you haven’t had the opportunity to enjoy a lamington, it’s a square piece of sponge cake that’s covered in chocolate and dipped in coconut. Simple, but delicious!
Admittedly, my Lamington Tea falls more into the “inspiration” category than the “recipe” category. But seeing as it’s Australia Day tomorrow, I thought it was fitting to celebrate by whipping up a tea based on one of my favourite Australian food icons.
- 1 tsp T2 Lamington loose leaf tea
- 1 cup milk (alternatively coconut milk)
- 1/4 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp shredded coconut
- Milk frother
- Tea diffuser
- Small sift
- Your favourite mug
- Firstly, pop the kettle on to boil water
- In the mean time put 1 tsp of T2 Lamington loose leaf tea in a tea diffuser and place it in your favourite mug
- Fill your milk frother with your choice of milk. Read your machine’s instructions to clarify how much you should fill so it doesn’t overflow
- When the water has boiled, pour it into your favourite mug and leave a 2 cm gap from the brim. Let it brew for 2 to 4 minutes
- Once the milk has frothed, pour it into your mug until it’s full
- Sift cocoa powder on top of the froth and sprinkle some shredded coconut
T2’s Lamington Tea is one of my favourites as it combines two of my favourite foods – chocolate & coconut! If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s definitely worth it. Without a doubt it’ll become one of you favourite “treat yo self” teas. Have you recently tried any new teas that are worth giving a go? Let me know in the comments!