During winter I was addicted to soups, but this summer I’ve gone crazy for delicious and filling wraps! They’re such a versatile lunch option, and while my Toasted Chicken and Avocado Wrap isn’t the healthiest wrap going around, you can easily load your wraps with heaps of nutritious vegetables.
Being a loud and proud lover of avocado, this wrap is definitely one of my favourites. Not only is it perfect for work lunches, it’s a great arvo snack over the weekend. My recipe below make two small wraps, but it’s easy to amend if you need more or less.
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- 2 wholemeal wraps
- 1 avocado
- Handful of spinach
- Lite mayonnaise
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Slice a whole chicken breast into strips and place in a bowl. Drizzle olive oil into bowl and season with salt and pepper. In a pan, cook chicken until lightly brown
- While you wait for your chicken to cook, plug your sandwich press into a power source to warm up. Also slice the avocado and mozzarella so it’s ready to go
- Remove wraps from packet and place on a microwave safe plate. Warm up both wholemeal wraps by heating them in a microwave for 15-20 seconds
- Smear a fine layer of lite mayonnaise across the wrap, before layering the top half with spinach and slices of mozzarella. Then add avocado, mozzarella slices and chicken strips. Top it off with a few more mozzarella slices to ensure all the elements will glue together
- Fold the wrap in half so it forms a half circle. This is easy to do if you only added fillings to the top half of the wrap. Then fold over the two corners across the centre of the wrap. This further ensures that the elements won’t spill out of the wrap.
- Carefully place the wrap in the sandwich press. Allow it to toast until the wrap is light brown and crunch
- Allow to the wrap to cool before you tuck in. Enjoy!
If avocados won’t so expensive right now, I’d be digging into this wrap everyday!
Do you have a scrumptious wrap combo I ought to try? Let me know in the comments!