Full disclosure here, I am not a breakfast person. I hate soggy cereal with a passion and skipped breakfast all together as a teenager. During adolescence, I developed a particular love for breakfast when camouflaged as ‘brunch’ (obviously involving smashed avo or shakshuka). But my relationship with breakfast didn’t change until I endured my first round of Whole30 last September. During that month, I discovered Australia’s Own Unsweetened Coconut Milk and it completely changed my breakfast routine.
Along with not liking breakfast, I don’t like eating bananas or berries whole. But by having them in a smoothie with Australia’s Own Unsweetened Coconut Milk, I hit the breakfast/berries/bananas trifecta and actually enjoy eating them. It’s now the staple to my day — even if it means blasting the NutriBullet at 6.30am. On the weekends, I’ll make it a more memorable occasion and add coconut flakes and black chia seeds. However if I’m going full Whole30 compliant – the Isowhey powder and chia seeds get the boot.
- 250mL Australia’s Own Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 small banana
- 1 scoop Isowhey Madagascan Vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Coconut flakes (optional)
- Black chia seeds (optional)
- Fresh blueberries (optional)
- In a blender add coconut milk, frozen blueberries, banana and protein powder.
- Blend until smooth and pour into bowl.
- Add coconut flakes, black chia seeds and fresh berries – or whatever toppings you enjoy! Given there’s a sneaky banana in this, maybe you’d also like to top it off with some banana slices.